Monday, May 12, 2008

Bad Habits

We all have habits - some good, and some bad.   

A good one might be to shower and brush out teeth daily... hello!  Hygiene!   

A bad one might be smoking.  Or maybe it's something even more common, like procrastinating, or stretching the truth... another way of excusing a lie.  

We fall into bad habits, rarely with the thought that we're creating a habit, just wanting to try something, or just every now and then do something, we know isn't what's right or best for us.  Yet, that's exactly how bad habits begin... with just one small (yet negative) action.  

So, how do we change these bad habits if we want to do what's right (once we recognize that they're not what is good for us or others)?  Whether it's smoking, lying, over eating, or being angry for no reason, etc... how do we change these actions we've done for so long; that now they've become habits?   Is it even possible???

YES!!!  =o)

Anything that is saying to you, 'No - YOU can't!', you should recognize as Satan's deceit.   You can, and I KNOW IT!  

How can 'I' know that 'YOU' can?  Because God told me - and He never lies.  He's telling you the same thing too!  

Listen: 

' I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.'            Philippians 4:13

He tells us in this verse that we CAN do EVERYTHING through HIM -  HE will give you the strength you need to do what you need to do!   He can, and He will!   

You and I are maybe not able to even 'change ourselves', even if we want to.  But He made you, and He can help you to change - and through Him, YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING!!!  

So, talk to God ask Him to give you the strength you need to get rid of Bad Habits, and make yourself better than you are today!  

What Bad Habits do you have?

My list is pretty lengthy, but I'm in prayer, and giving it my all. I know He is helping me, everyday in every way - one step at a time!

May God bless you and keep you - Know that He loves you!  =) and will never leave you!     

No comments: