Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Everything you need...

What is it you need today? Let me ask it again in case you didn't get the question... what is it that you NEED today?

Think about it...

What is it you are lacking that you NEED - that you can't live without? That you can't fulfill your purpose without having?

If you're like me, and you take a few minutes to think about it, I think you'll find you have all your needs...and by virtue that you're reading this on the Internet, you have much more than just what you NEED...

When someone asks that question initially we hear it and think of all the things we wish we had, but often we don't really need these items. Do we? Even when we think of our 'needs' they often tend to be more 'wants' than needs...

Maybe you think 'good health', or 'a job', or 'a loved one' . . . these are more than 'wants' - aren't they? Are they?

God said He was sufficient to meet all our needs - do you believe Him? Do you trust Him to know better than you? Then trust Him to meet your 'needs' and let go of the rest.

Recently I was ill - literally deathly ill - in and out of the hospital, on oxygen 24/7 and barely able to talk or walk... did God meet my needs? Yes! But I don't just say that because I'm still here today - I say that because 'through my illness' God brought healing into my life. I was dying in my daily life, and He gave me 'life' in the midst of my illness. Confusing perhaps, but hear me out...

I was at a job that was literally 'sucking the life out of me' - I loved what I did, but was hating the environment and the circumstances I was working under. I was unappreciated, and over abused - worked beyond what I knew was healthy for me, or my family life. I needed to make a change, but was to 'vested' to do it, to scared to move in a different direction - stuck in my need for income, and status - afraid to loose what I had. But through the illness I saw what was really important, I understood how silly my dedication to 'job' was at the cost of 'family' at the cost of 'self'.

God used my loss of health to open my eyes to what was really important - it was when I was weakest that I sought Him the most - He was, and is, my provider of all - health, money, status, everything! God healed me physically, emotionally, and psychologically - He gave me a chance to start anew, in a different direction.

I found the only 'status' I need is to be His - a child of God! A princess in His Kingdom - what more could I want than this! =)

I have come to the conclusion that since I accepted His gift of 'eternal salvation' I have all I need - I say that in more ways than one... can you understand this? If not, think about it - are you His? Have you accepted His gift? What more do you 'need'?

While financially things may at times get difficult, and life can be hard, I'm sure He is present in my trials, and as His word states - He will bring good out of every situation. I trust Him, and I see how He does meet all my needs - and so many of my hearts desires - do you?

"Praise the Lord, O my soul; ...who satisfies your desires with good things so tat your youth is renewed like the eagle's"
Psalm 103: 1-5

No comments: