Thursday, July 10, 2008

Do you know God?

In doing my Bible study today God led me to a verse to share with you - Hebrews 8:11


11"No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest."


Wow! This is the Spirit that God was speaking about... God made it possible that we would 'know Him'.

We need only to seek His word (the letters and stories God set in the Bible to teach and guide us - Life's instruction manuel - The Bible), and listen to what He has to say to us (that still small voice in our heart that warns us when we do wrong, and encourages us when we do right - the voice of our conscience when we are yet not believers - and the conviction of the Holy Spirit when we are His) to know God . . . to KNOW GOD! Wow!

God the almighty Creator of the universe made it possible for me to get to know Him without needing to go through anyone, just me and Him... WOW!

I don't know about you, but I don't think I could get a meeting with the Governor, let alone President! But I know The Great and Holy one and only - none before, and none after - GOD. Wow!

Do you know God? Not just know about Him, but know Him?

You know this passage doesn't preclude us from helping one another to get to where we know God - it just says we can directly know Him - that inside of us we will recognize the truth of Him when we see it. If you don't know God personally today is a good day to start - to meet Him.

If you'd like me to help you please post on my blog and I'll write you back and help you to meet Him personally, guide you to some resources and provide you some tools.

But if you'd rather not post but want to meet Him - just pray with an open heart - ask God to show Himself to you, give your heart to Him and tell Him you need Him, that you want His love - His presence in your life - invite Him into your life today.

He is faithful, and He will answer your prayer... see, wether you know Him or not, He knows you intimately and He is longing to hear from you - pray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post . . . God can teach us like man can't. Since abiding in His Word one-on-one His presence in my life, how He has revealed Himself to me, what He has done in my life - amazing. I have a blog that speaks to this abiding and what He taught me about it, thought you might be interested.

http://stirringthedeep.com/2008/06/16/abiding-in-his-presence/

Rachel